How long can I expect for my Future Roof to last?
Is it noisy when it rains?
Will it make out home hot in the summer or cold in the winter?
What about fire?
Will moss, leaves, dirt and debris damage or leave impressions on my Future Roof?
What can I expect of my Future Roof during high winds?
Should I be worried about rust?
Will hail damage my Future Roof?
How does my Future Roof rate on earthquake safety?
Is it safe to walk on my Future Roof?
1. How long can I expect for my Future Roof to last?
- A steel roof is a permanent roof system. With little maintenance, it will last as long as your home.
2. Is it noisy when it rains?
- No. The steel panel forming process provides not only strength, but also reduces any potential noise transfer when coupled with high density standard attic insulation.
3. Will it make out home hot in the summer or cold in the winter?
- No. Unlike concrete tile or asphalt shingle, which store and transfer heat, metal absorbs and dissipates heat quickly. Airflow under the roof helps prevent the transfer of cold air and reduces freeze thaw cycles in the winter. Results include lower air conditioning and heating costs for your home.
4. What about fire?
- Steel is non-combustible. It is light weight and will resist premature roof collapse from an internal fire.
5. Will moss, leaves, dirt and debris damage or leave impressions on my Future Roof?
- No. Future Roofâ€™s smooth surface allows moss, leaves, dirt, and debris to wash off the roof naturally when it rains.
6. What can I expect of my Future Roof during high winds?
- Future Roof systems are tested and will meet or exceed Dade County hurricane specifications, the most stringent in the country.
7. Should I be worried about rust?
- No. The heavily layered, hot dipped galvanized G90 steel is coated with a warranted and quality Durapon 70 coating that will prevent rust.
8. Will hail damage my Future Roof?
- Excessively large hail can damage almost anything, but Future Roof has a UL 2218 Class 4-hail resistance rating, the highest rating available. In some states, the class 4 rating entitles homeowners to as much as a 35% reduction on homeownerâ€™s insurance.
9. How does my Future Roof rate on earthquake safety?
- Future Roof panels are lightweight, flexible and structurally sound, making them one of the safest, most durable roof coverings available in earthquake â€“ prone regions. Compare this to the â€śthe top heavy affectâ€ť of 15 tons of concrete tile on your roof.
10. Is it safe to walk on my Future Roof?
- While it is safe to walk on, in accordance to manufacturers' instructions, the low-maintenance Future Roof almost eliminates that need. With Future Roof, it is no longer necessary to replace trim and shingles that have blown off or to patch leaks in badly worn areas.